Official Checks & Notary Services
Along with loans and deposit services, RVA-FPCU offers these convenient branch services.
- An official check is ideal when a guaranteed payment is required for instances such as real estate closings, vehicle or stock purchases, etc.
- Official checks include enhanced security features that are designed to reduce the vulnerability to being counterfeited.
- Official checks are recognized as "guaranteed funds" and generally amounts under $5,000 are not subject to deposit holds.
- Each branch location has someone who is legally authorized to Notarize signatures.
- Notary services are provided free of charge to members.
- If you come in for notary services, make sure to bring a valid photo identification.