Become A Member
After you join Richmond Virginia Fire Police Credit Union, as long as you remain in good standing, you can always retain your membership, even if there is a change in how you originally qualified. Below are the current methods for qualifying for membership at RVA-FPCU and what to do next once you qualify.
Who Qualifies For Membership
- Persons employed by the Richmond, Virginia Fire Department.
- Persons employed by the Richmond, Virginia Police Department.
- Persons employed by the Hanover Fire Department.
- Persons employed by the Richmond Ambulance Authority.
- Persons within the immediate family or household of a RVA-FPCU member.
- Organizations of such persons.
I Qualify For Membership, What's Next
- Complete our Membership Application.
- On the application you can designate account types and whether or not your accounts opened under the membership are jointly owned.
- Return your completed Application to us and you will receive disclosures specific to your membership and account products. These disclosures include our Membership and Account Agreement, Truth-in-Savings Disclosure, and Funds Availability Policy Disclosure.
- We need a valid government issued picture ID.
- You must deposit $5 into your Share account (this represents your purchase of one share of ownership) before your membership is considered opened and active.